“Too rich for my blood!”
-John D. Rockefeller, circa 1918, reacting to the Hotel Ormond raising his rent (scroll to the “F5” for the story)
In this edition: free money, special session, upcoming Webinars, FL’s Rocky past
I hope this newsletter finds you well and that you’re seeing some light at the end of the food-coma-induced tunnel vision. As for yours truly, we continued our annual family tradition of convening for turkey day in Ormond Beach where I was reminded of the rich (hint, hint) history of the city’s most famous resident. For the rest of the story, scroll down to the “F5”.
Free money (better late than never!) Announced in May during that month’s special legislative session, the My Safe Florida Home Program is now live! If you haven’t already done so, review this information with your insureds and encourage them to apply asap as funding is limited.
Guess who’s back? The legislature will convene on December 12th for a special session regarding you-know-who (it’s Ian/Nicole), you-know-what (it’s property insurance), and you-know-me (always answering my own questions). We’ll keep our ears open for developments and share information in future newsletter editions.
Bulk up! Bulk-purchasing hours from the FISCE is an essential step in your 2023 planning. Deals are available for teams with 25 or more licensees.
Pouring from our tap this week: We finish NOV and begin DEC with useful discussions on agribusiness insureds, commercial property issues, Law/Ethics for P&C licensees, flood insurance, and personal lines secrets. I could go on but your attention span has been coasting on fumes since you read the words “free money” above so I’ll get to it. Here are the highlights:
- Get and keep agribusiness insureds. Instructor Sam “dad jokes ain’t bad jokes” Bennett returns Tuesday morning to share his experience with all-things-agribusiness and how to plant profitable seeds in this growing market.
- My stuff’s broke and now so am I. Join instructor “Rockin” Robin Federici Tuesday afternoon for the latest on commercial property insurance coverage from both sides of the claim (direct and indirect damage.)
- Law. Ethics. Meat. P&C licensees: if you’re in need of the 4-Hour Law & Ethics Update course join David “hero of Vero” Thompson Wednesday morning and he’ll spice it up for you.
- Fast facts about flood. David returns Wednesday afternoon for an awesome hour on all the latest regarding flood insurance.
- Your insured is *lying! (*maybe “lying” is a stretch but it’s a strong headline so here we are.) Instructor Scott “guy-o from Ohio” Treen is back in the hotseat Thursday morning for tons of tips on dealing with common personal lines coverage issues that your insureds don’t realize are issues.
For more info about what we’re up to, see the list below and/or review the full Webinar Schedule online.
Finally, if you’re an unapologetic lover of our fine state take your entourage to the bottom of this newsletter for this week’s “F5” (Fascinating Factoid For Fanatical Floridians.)
That’s all for now. Until the next round…cheers!
Kevin “Meat First, Law = Distant Second” Amrhein, CIC, CBIA
Florida Insurance School Continuing Education (FISCE)