“Their stuff really is that good. If they need a soprano for the tour I hope they call us first.” - Mariah Carey’s publicist reacting to “Have a Claims Free New Year”
In this edition: let’s go caroling, free money from Florida, tons of Webinars this week including Saturday
No nice way to say it: the last year for our industry has been excruciating.
But it’s always darkest before the dawn. Two reasons you should be optimistic:
- As reported in last week’s edition the legislature will convene on December 12th to discuss property insurance issues and reform.
- Our pals at the Insurance Journal Academy released an album of holiday carols.
Yes, you read that correctly. The IJA team took a breather from producing best-in-class education experiences, donned cheerful/hideous holiday sweaters and remastered ten classic carols that will blow your stockings off. The album - “Have a Claims Free New Year” – and samples of tracks such as “O Property O Casualty” (to the tune of “O Christmas Tree”) and “My Drone Hit a Stranger” (to the tune of “Away in a Manger”) are available here.
Free Ho Ho Home Inspection and hardening grants courtesy of the state of Florida. The My Safe Florida Home Program is now live! If you haven’t already done so, review this information with your insureds and encourage them to apply asap as funding is limited.
What they really want. Give your team the gift of FISCE Webinars in 2023. Bulk-hour purchase deals are available for teams with 25 or more licensees.
Swan Song Saturday. The “W5” (“Weekend Webinars for Work-Week Warriors”) returns for the final time in 2022. If you’re a P&C or L&H licensee who needs your 4-hour Law & Ethics Update course but simply cannot find time for it during business hours, we got you! Review the schedule below and join us this Saturday.
Tons of Webinars this week. We’ll cover flood/FEMA/NFIP, Social Security & retirement, 4-hour Law & Ethics Updates, Personal Umbrella issues, P&C concerns for the affluent, and why good people do bad things. I could go on but your attention span is crashing harder than the IJA’s server due to album downloads so I’ll get to it. Here are the highlights:
- Dreaming of a white Christmas…until it melts. Join flood guru “Rockin’ Robin” Federici Tuesday morning for the latest from FEMA and the NFIP.
- Being broke stinks at any age but financial struggles during the golden years are especially tragic. Join Chris “Always on Spring Break” Amrhein Tuesday afternoon and gain valuable expertise on Social Security and other retirement income options.
- Hey Life & Health licensees: get some ethics! If you need your 4-hour Law & Ethics Update, join Karin “I’ll Ask An Alaskan” Woofter Wednesday morning and she’ll knock it out with you.
- Hey All-Lines Claims Adjuster licensees: you, too! If you need your 4-hour Law & Ethics Update, join yours truly Wednesday morning and we’ll navigate the murky waters together.
- She’s got issues. Specifically, with common misunderstandings regarding Personal Umbrella policies. “On a Roll Nicole” Broch brings her energy back to the FISCE for an awesome hour Wednesday afternoon.
- Got fat stacks (of insurance policies). Join Kym Martell “Me More” Thursday morning for best practices regarding many coverage concerns often experienced by your most affluent insureds.
- Why do good people do bad things? A question most people can’t answer. Fortunately, long-time agency principal Terry “Everyone’s Insurance Dad” Tadlock isn’t most people. He returns Thursday afternoon to discuss agency culture, decision-making, and tips for insurance pros hoping to always do right by their insureds, their team, and themselves.
- P&C and L&H licensees: weekend plans? As mentioned above, check out the schedule and join us this Saturday for your 4-hour Law & Ethics Update.
For more info about what we’re up to, see the list below and/or review the full Webinar Schedule online.
Finally, if you’re an unapologetic lover of our fine state adventure to the bottom of this newsletter for this week’s “F5” (Fascinating Factoid For Fanatical Floridians.)
That’s all for now. Until the next round…cheers!
Kevin “Bad Sweaters = Rad Sweaters” Amrhein, CIC, CBIA
Florida Insurance School Continuing Education (FISCE)