“It was essential that the location reflect the seriousness of the work being done…so naturally we chose Key West.” -Something no one actually said (scroll to the “F5” section for the story)
You’re being watched. Bad bots are trolling the web for the next victim. Hackers are cooking up their next scheme to steal, extort or simply create chaos. And many insurance products designed to help businesses manage a cyber loss are a complicated mess. Fortunately, instructor Cathy “On a Mission” Trischan is back in the FISCE hotseat this week to help clear up the confusion. Join her Tuesday, 2/21 from 9a – noon at the global premiere of Cyber Coverage: Protecting Your Insureds From Hackers, Liars, & Really Bad Bots for a deep-dive on common exposures, best practices, and a discussion of coverages available in the Cyber insurance market.
4-Hour Law & Ethics Update Webinars: midweek and Saturday options. Learn the latest happenings with FL rules/regs/laws and fulfill your 4-Hour L&E Update requirement. Check out the schedule below and register online today!
This week’s Webinars (all times Eastern. Keep scrolling to see the full month schedule):
- TUES, 2/21, 9a – 12p - Cyber Coverage: Protecting Your Insureds From Hackers, Liars, & Really Bad Bots. Join us for the blockbuster debut of this Webinar on all-things cyber and how to protect your commercial insureds from a digital disaster.
- WED, 2/22, 9a – 1p - For Property & Casualty Licensees In 2023: 4-Hour Law & Ethics Update. If you’re in need of your 4-Hour Law & Ethics Update join yours truly and we’ll knock it out together.
- THURS, 2/23, 1 – 4p – Mastering Business Income: Tools & Tips To Keep Insureds Flush. Savvy producers know it’s the loss-after-the-loss that ultimately kills the business. Instructor Terry “Everyone’s Insurance Dad” Tadlock is back in the hotseat to debut this essential topic on keeping a business afloat in the wake of the storm/fire/collapse (or whatever else caused the direct damage.)
- SATURDAY, 2/25, 9a – 1p - For Property & Casualty Licensees In 2023: 4-Hour Law & Ethics Update. Can’t make the midweek show? We’re doing it all over again Saturday!
- SATURDAY, 2/25, 9a – 1p - For Life & Health Licensees In 2023: 4-Hour Law & Ethics Update. If you’re in need of your 4-Hour Law & Ethics Update join Karin “I’ll Ask An Alaskan” Woofter and she’ll knock it out with you.
It’s a fine week to be at the FISCE and we’re humbled to share it with you. Remember, if you’re an unapologetic lover of the Sunshine State keep scrolling for this week’s F5 (“Fascinating Factoid For Fanatical Floridians”.)
Until the next round…cheers!
Kevin “Hacker in Golf Only” Amrhein, CIC, CBIA
Florida Insurance School Continuing Education (FISCE)
THE “F5” (FASCINATING FACTOID FOR FANATICAL FLORIDIANS) –
Everyone knows that Key West is a vibrant place where artists, dreamers, and vacationers flock to gain inspiration and/or escape reality.
Only a few are aware that, thanks to one specific structure, the island also has played host to some of the most important matters in American history. The Harry S. Truman Little White House, a simple structure located in the island’s Old Town neighborhood, served as the President’s winter white house for 175 days. Before, during and after Truman’s presidency, the humble house hosted many people and events of historical significance. For example, Thomas Edison resided in the house for several months while developing underwater weapons during the first World War. The house also served as the site of a meeting that would formalize the Key West Agreement: a policy paper which created the foundation for the U.S. Department of Defense.